VISIONARIES BUILDING THE FUTURE OF FASHION
A bridge that unites the two sides of the fashion world.
That’s what New York-based Future Brands Group does for fashion designers and manufacturers around the world and the retailers who sell their goods.
Building on our wealth of global fashion industry expertise - developed through launching and establishing brands in many countries - Future Brands Group is fluent in fashion. We analyze information, predict trends, and build the bridges and connections needed to move unique products and make them available to retailers around the world.
Future Brands Group creates relationships with designers, manufacturers and retailers; curates international collections for US markets; and connects independent retailers with fresh products.
WHO WE ARE
FBG is a traditional and digital marketplace for high-quality producers and international brands selling directly to independent retailers and chains.
FBG plays a bridge role for brands to enter the North American market with its smart/simple cost-sharing model and marketing capabilities for lifestyle products.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
Smartest way to shop global designer brands
FBG’s brand-powered smart and cost-efficient bridge allows retailers to find unique, high-quality, differentiated products from global designers with an easy and full-service shopping experience, unlike traditional wholesalers and digital marketplaces.
FBG's business model disintermediates the ecosystem with a more streamlined, efficient, and profitable cost-sharing approach for both brands and retailers
|Cost-effective market entry alternative to enter the North American Market||✓|
|Utilizes a turn-key operation to enter the market seamlessly with time-to-market advantage||✓|
|Cost sharing model which reduce marketing, warehousing and shipping costs||✓|
|IT platform allows easy selling & visibility and easy buying experience||✓||✓|
|Global exposure increasing international opportunities||✓|
|Find new and unique product from global designers||✓||✓|
|Offer product to the consumer at a highly competitive price point||✓||✓||✓|
|Achieve a higher margin %||✓|
|Trendy and quality product at a great price||✓||✓|
GET TO KNOW US
- Retail / Wholesale Business Development experience over 20 years
- Former Executive at Payless ShoeSource, Steve Madden, FFC New York. TMRW Studio
- MBA, BA/ Economics
- Sales, Business Development, Product Development experience over 25 years
- Former Sales Executive at orYANY, Maxx New York, Linea Pelle, FFC New York, TMRW Studio
- Sales, Business Management, Product Development experience over 30 years
- Nordstrom, NineWest, Steve Madden, Ash Italia, Luxury Rebel, Jean-Michel Cazabat, Elie Tahari and French Connection experience
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, financial & operational analysis, and new market entry in retail industry
- Former VP of Int’l Development at Payless ShoeSource, PetSmart
- Advisor for investments, strategic planning and growth
- Former President and CEO of Petsmart (Led Largest LBO of 2014, Led purchase of chewy.com)
- Former President and CEO of Collective Brands (Payless ShoeSource)
- Former Member of Office Depot Board of Directors
- Advisor for strategic planning, growth, merchandising, sourcing, sales, team building
- Principal at Currents Consulting LLC
- Former Senior Executive President of Petsmart
- Former Senior Vice President of Payless ShoeSource
- Former Member of the Payless ShoeSource International Board of Directors
- Advisor for strategic technology platform build-out; outsourced IT team during pre-launch for tactical solution
- SVP of Citibank Responsible for Risk/ Technology
- Former Technology Lead of J. D'Addario and Consultant at Goldman Sachs
- Extensive Background InTechnology focused on e-commerce, financial risk management, capital markets, hedge funds
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
While spending her career building international relationships for fashion brands, Funda experienced firsthand the challenges of breaking into a new market, of building relationships and overcoming cultural barriers to find success.
From a childhood spent in Istanbul, where Asia and Europe meets, she saw the need for a bridge between worlds and communities - for a party to create connections between buyers and sellers.
From her career working with global brands, she saw how hard it was for small retailers and boutiques, many of which were women-owned or family businesses, to affordably access unique products and offer high-quality items that differentiated them from major retailers and competitors.
Building on her knowledge and experience, Funda and her team launched Future Brands Group - a new model for distribution and wholesale, one that focuses on meeting the evolving needs of brands and retailers in a global marketplace.
Future Brands Group makes international fashion accessible to American retailers and buyers, and to create the bridge that’s needed to allow brands from around the world to easily showcase their products for American audiences.
LET'S STAY IN TOUCH!
Subscribe for newsletter